New York City Economic Development Corporation
Contractor Development Initiative (CDI)
Bradford is developing a minority- and woman-owned and disadvantaged business enterprise (MWDBE) mentoring program for the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) for selected contractors and General Contractors in the construction industry. The Contractor Development Initiative (CDI) provides business development and training services related to the construction business to participating MWDBE contractors.
Bradford has set up the CDI program in joint venture partnership with the Jamaica Business Resource Center (JBRC), a nationally recognized model for small business services which offers technical and other assistance to help firms organize their business and create business plans, apply for credit and bonding, analyze business capacity and more.
As a premier Construction Manger and mentoring firm with over 20 years of background aiding minority- and woman-owned business enterprises (MWBEs), Bradford is a well-established provider of mentoring and training services.
Bradford is providing NYCEDC with the following CDI services:
- Assistance with selection of participants for the program through an open competitive process, and assessment of individual participants to determine their respective technical and business development needs.
- Design of a custom curriculum to meet participants' individually assessed technical and business development needs.
- Implementation and administration of both classroom training and online delivery of information, training and services.
- One-on-one consulting and technical assistance.
- Strategies to assist participants to develop and maintain relationships with large construction and contracting firms.
NYCEDC designed the CDI program to serve about 15 contractors, but its capacity is already being expanded to upwards of 50 contractors.